Power Systems Lab
The Power Systems Laboratory (PSL) is a legal entity of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. The Laboratory is running since 1975 under its costitution set in the Greek Law (Government Gazette A85/29-04-1975).
Founder of PSL as well as its Director from 1978 to 2006 was Professor Emeritus Petros Dokopoulos. From 2006 to 2010 Professor Anastasios Bakirtzis was Director of PSL. Since 2010 Director of PSL is Professor Dimitris Labridis. The PSL staff consists of 3 Professors, 1 As. Professor, 3 Lecturers, 6 postdoctoral researchers, 10 PhD students, and 5 members of administrative and technical staff.
Digital Cable Fault Locator is a precision instrument, easy to use, which provides spontaneous display of the location of break in pair wires and cables. Unlike conventional cable fault locators in which a lengthy procedure of obtaining a null point in a galvanometer and then computing the faulty length of cable is to be gone through, here the faulty cable is just to be connected, one setting to be made and location of fault in terms of total length directly read on display upto a resolution of 0.1%.
Display: 3½ Digit bright LED display.
Power: 220 V AC ± 10%.
This model is used for Cable Manufacturing Unit, ITI, Polytechnique lab for educational purpose.
IDMT Over Current Relay Testing Kit
We are offering IDMT Over Currents Relay
- Digital voltmeter and ammeter
- Electromechanical type
- Built in time interval meter Stop/Start Timer(digital)
- Through M.C.B power on/off system is in built to control relay testing
- Current limiter and auto transfer are the continuous variables for the safety of phantom fault
- Built in Trip status indicator and power on indicator
- To perform the experiments the necessary patch chords and terminals are required for the relay.
•P.T. SEC : 110VAC*•PLUG SETTING : 50 - 90% adjustable in five equal steps at 10%.•TIME MULTIPLIER SETTING : 0.1 – 1 ,•OUTPUT : 0.5 second 7500VA with maximum of 30 amps. and 660 volts, ac or dc. *•Characteristics : 0 - 5.0 seconds at zero voltage. Time/voltage characteristic at time multiplier setting 1.0 *•Auxiliary supply : Powered *•Resetting voltage : 90% or more of the voltage setting.•Construction : Draw out
PT SEC : 110V AC, 220V, 415V AC Selectable*•PLUG SETTING
OV Mode: 105% to 180% of Vn in steps of 5%.
UV Mode: 95% to 20% of Vn in steps of 5%
50% to 200% of In insteps of 10%•TIME MULTIPLIER SETTING : 0.1 – 1.6 in steps of 0.1•OUTPUT : 2 C/O ( self reset ) 2kva/240W (R)•Characteristics :
Normal Inverse : 3.5 sec. in O/U mode.
Normal Inverse : 5.7 sec in U/V mode.
Definite time 1,10,100secs.•Resetting Voltage:
For Over voltage 90%-95% of set voltage Vs ±5% of Vs.
For Under voltage 105% - 110% of set value.±5% of Vs.•Auxiliary supply : Powered * 95V to 240V AC/DC
Construction : Draw out
- Electromechanical (induction) over current relay (IDMT) test kit
- Electromechanical (induction) Earth fault relay (IDMT) test kit
- Electromechanical (induction) directional over current relay (IDMT) test kit
- Electromechanical (induction) over voltage relay (IDMT) test kit
- Electromechanical (induction) under voltage relay (IDMT) test kit
- Static over current relay (IDMT) test kit
- Static over voltage relay (IDMT) test kit
- Static over voltage relay (IDMT) test kit
- Static % differential relay testing kit
- Solid state negative phase sequence current (DMT) test kit
- Numerical over current relay test kit
- Numerical over voltage/under voltage relay test kit
- Numerical over/under frequency relay test kit
- Numerical distance relay test kit
- Numerical %biased differential relay test kit
- Universal relay test kit
- Fuse and MCB test kit
- C.T test kit
- P.T's test set
- Single Phase energy meter testing kit
- Three phase energy meter testing kit
- Air circuit breaker with test kit
- Tests on excitation, measurement of ratio and polarity.
- Measurement of CT’s ratio error, phase displacement at different primary current and various burden
- Measurement of CT secondary winding resistance.
- Measurement of CT secondary burden.
- Transient characteristics test and analysis of CT.
- Automatically conclude the ratings of CT.
- Measurement on CT’s parameters: knee point voltage. Current, 10% (5%) error curve, the accuracy limit factor, instrument security factor, second time constant, remanence factor, accuracy class, saturated and unsaturated inductance.
- Measure and verify various type of CTs and PTs including protective and metric class, TP class, cannula CT, various voltages class PT etc.
- Mains Isolated, Distortion less sine wave AC injection current
- Light weight and easily portable for " ON- Site" testing.
- Compatible for NO/ NC auxilary trip contact selection.
- Front panel equipment protected against mechanical damage with lockable cover.
- 4 digit auto ranging Time interval meter.
Input : 230v / 50 Hz
Out Put : mains isolated A.C. Injection Current Continously Adjustable
a) from 0.01 Amp to 100 Amps...for SI/MCB -100 (3 mt.rtg)
b) from 0.01 Amp to 200 Amps...for SI/MCB -200 (3 mt.rtg)
2) TYPE : SI / MCCB – 100/1000
- Mains Isolated AC Injection Currents.
- 2 in one test kit to test miniature circuit breaker (MCB) / Bimetal O/L relays up to 63A as well as molded case circuit breakers (MCCB) of upto 500 Amps.
- Mode selector switch for MCB or MCCB testing.
- Auto ranging digital Time Interval meter.
- Compatible for NO / NC auxiliary trip contact selection.
Transformer Rectifier Unit 0-300 VDC Variable / 230 V Const. / 0.100A DCThe transformer rectifier unit is designed to give unregulated 230 V DC output voltage from 3 phase mains supply. The panel consists of transformer and rectifier units with accessories. The unit is designed to give continuous rated output current without excessive heating, as the unit is natural air cooled The panel comprises of indicating lamps, output metering, input / output switches and protection devices. The panel is designed to supply DC output mainly for DC motors. The ripple voltage is less than 5% so that DC motors are working smoothly. The control panel is fabricated, powder coated suitable for transformer and rectifier units. The rectifier unit is simple, robust and easy for operation. the tap changing facility is provided on primary side transformer so that variation in supply mains can be adjusted to give output voltage in specified limits.
The PT testing unit is designed to test phase angle error and % ratio error of pt's upto 440v/110v. The input voltage range can be expanded with connecting devices externally. The unit comprises variable voltage source upto 0-500 vac and digital display meters are provided to measure primary voltage, secondary voltage, percentage ratio error and phase angle error with lead/lag indication.