Analog Electronics Lab
Analog Electronics Lab is an introductory experimental laboratory that explores the design, construction, and debugging of analog electronic circuits. Lectures and six laboratory projects investigate the performance characteristics of diodes, transistors, JFETs, and op-amps, including the construction of a small audio amplifier and preamplifier. Seven weeks are devoted to the design and implementation, and written and oral presentation of a project in an environment similar to that of engineering design teams in industry. The course provides opportunity to simulate real-world problems and solutions that involve trade offs and the use of engineering judgment. Engineers from local analog engineering companies come to campus to help students with their design projects.
Discrete Component Trainer
- Study and verify the characteristics of various devices such as Diodes, (Si / Ge I Fast switching), Transistors ( CB, CE, CC for different NPN & PNP transistor), FET, UJT, MOSFET, SCR, Diac, Triac, LDR, Zener Diodes, LED’s.
- Study working of resistors, capacitors, inductors, potentiometers, output transformer, speaker, relay.
- Study and verify the basic theorems & laws such as resistors/ capacitors / inductors in series / parallel and combinations thereof, Ohm’s Laws, Kirchoff’s voltage law, Kirchoffs current law.
- Study & verify the RC, RL & RLC series & parallel resonance circuits, filters (LP, HP, BP, BR).
- Study & verify the clipping, clamping, biased clippers, half wave, full wave & bridge rectifier circuits.
- Study and verify the voltage regulators circuits using zener diodes & transistors.
- Study and verify the digital gates using diodes and transistors.
- Study and verify the performance of amplifiers such as CB, CE, CC transistor amplifiers, power amplifiers, audio amplifiers, differential amplifiers and feedback amplifiers (current series/shunt).
- Study and verify the oscillators such as phase shift, astable, monostable, bistable and Schmitt trigger.
- Study and verify the performance of applications of special devices such as FET as an amplifier, FET as source follower I switch, MOSFET as an amplifier, UJT as relaxation oscillator, light operated relay
- Many other experiments can be designed I performed using the onboard components and special veroboard provided (for use of external components without soldering).
|IC based DC Reg. Power Supplies :||a.) +12 V / 500 mA b.) 0 to +12V/ 500 mA c.)-12V/500 ma d.) 0 to -12V/ 500 mA e.) +5V I 500mA|
|AC Supplies :||9-0-9 V AC / 500 mA.|
|Veroboard :||Unique veroboard type socket with termination for use of external components I IC’s up to 20 pin without soldering.|
|Potentiometer :||Three Potentiometers (1K,1OK and lOOK) with terminations.|
|Speaker :||One 8 ohms miniature speaker with terminations.|
|Relay :||One 1 2V I 1 C. 0. relay with terminations.|
|Power ON :||Power ON switch with indicator for mains on indication and fuse for protection.|
|Patch Cords :||Set of 20 assorted coloured multi-stand wires with 2 mm termination at both ends.|
|Power :||230V 10% single phase AC. Requirement|
|Instruction Manual :||One detailed instruction manual with well thought out experiments covering the above topics.|